My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mooncakes ...

The Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Lantern Festival (中秋節, zhōng qiū jié) is celebrated by the Chinese annually on the 15th day of eighth month in the Lunar calendar. For those who have forgotten, this coming Sunday, 14th September will be the celebration of Lantern Festival. Lolz :)

It is also this day, the Chinese family and friends will gather to have dinner while admiring the bright mid-autumn moon; of cause the event will only be more significant with the presence the traditional moon cakes and colorful lanterns. I recalled when I was still young, I used to carry the brightly-lit lanterns around the neighborhood with my cousins. Really missed the time we had joys and laughter together...

Pictures of my moon cakes ...


Green Tea with Single Egg York



ShangHai's White Lotus with Single Egg York
This mooncake was a gift from a friend of mine.
Thanks so much! :)


Mix Fruits and Nuts Moon cake ...


Have a happy and blessed
Lantern Festival,
everyone ...

Till then,
KeithK
cHeErS! ;)

3 comments:

kj said...

Wah, so fast already cut your mooncake!!

happy eating those mooncakes tonight and happy mid-autumn festival to you!!

wandkey said...

Smart, take photos of the mooncake in nice day time lighting. Hehe. The 2nd photo especially nice.

Btw, adjust settings in comments la so can use open id to comment as well.. Mahfan, have to use blogger account baru can comment.

kEiTh said...

Hey Wankey,

Haha. I try to pop my a200's flash, but the result was lousy, with concentrated white spot on the middle. To be creative, I put a white background to reflect the light with aid from external lighting (ceiling lamp/table lamp). I learned form a senior in Sony Alpha forum. Lolz :) Ok, I will ask my friend how to change the setting, I don't know how to do. Thanks for your compliment.

KJ: Happy Moon Cake Festival to you too. Actually, I purposely cut them just to photo-shooting and post them up in my blog. They were still left some more in my refrigerator. Haha ...

ChEeRs! :)