My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Free High Tea

"Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka!!" The spirit of "Merdeka" among youngsters today is fading fast, unlike our parent's generation, at which they had seen and experienced the imperialism during the olden days. I must admit I am not really a true Malaysian (I am NOT an Indon either), Merdeka Day is simply a holiday for me. Yup, jusy a public holiday where I don't need to attend college! OFF day from workloads and sitting in front of my PC, blogging, if not cam-whoring with my camera around (clue is here). Haha :) Sounds lame??

This year Merdeka Day falls on Sunday, so automatically, Monday will be another public holiday, that's good thing about Malaysia; we have alots of public holidays throughout the years. Making full use of my travel privileges, I booked a flight and headed ack to Kuching without any hesitation on Friday straight after my college's day ended. I was supposed to take a flight at 4pm, but due to some unexpected circumstances, the flight was delayed for another 2 hours. Passengers were in mad, some of them were cursing f***, scolding, shouting and boo-ing when the announcements were made by the airport management on the delayed flight. For me, I was that suprised because I understood MAS had no intention to delay the flight if they had a choice. Aircraft on ground = no money = no revenue!! Simple mathematics, right?

"Flying 5 Stars Airline for 5 Stars Services", that slogan holds true because this was what happened when MAS delayed your flight ...

French Fries ...



Soft Drink of your choice ...

Double Pounder Beef Burger with black pepper sauce,

exclusively from Burger King


They paid you for a luxury refreshment without a single cent!! So, will A i r-A s i a does the same? Yet, I heard a passenger spontaneously complaint MAS is not as good as it sounds to a friend on his phone. He said he will rather take A ir-A si a on the next trip. I was like, wanted to give him a punch at his face!! wtf ... You may think he was burning hot with MAS at that moment, did he take his refreshment? Yup, he took it graciously. Again, wtf ... What a disgrace! That's Malaysian. We complaint too much, this not good, this is bad, this and that ... When Ai r A si a first started its operation, we praise Ai r A si a for their cheap fares, MAS' prices are inaffordable, but when Air Asia delays its flight, nobody ever sounds it out loud? Some more rather, many of us would still prefer to fly Air Asia. Doesn't make sense right?

No comments: