My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Friday, August 1, 2008

Back to college ...

Yesterday, Thursday marked the last day of my On-Job-Training (OJT) in M A S Complex A Hangar. Plus minus of 3 months working with life aircraft was fantastic, priceless experience and full of excitements. I was a little heavy-heart-ed and sad when I heard the news that we will be going back to college soon, what's else, no more working on aircraft, no more Appolo Waffle at Line 10 Avionics Crew Room everyday, haha :)

Just to round up for what I have done this week as a conclusion, ya? Finally, the B777-200 from S au di A irli n es had left and flew back to Saudi on Thursday afternoon after going through its HMV for the last 3 months. Today, another B777-200 from S au di A ir lin es will arrive at Line 10 again for HMV and Cabin Modification for its In-Fight-Entertainment System (IFE) Even though my days in Line 10 was rather short, just 2 weeks, I have encountered various aircraft maintenace tasks that I have never done before on my previous OJT session. I must consider myself very grateful that I have a chance to learn and pick up knowledge from Mr H, I must say he is really one of the best LAEs, either his skills, knowledge or personalities, he is extraordinary. He is a good teacher and mentor who can point out my weaknesses as well as giving me solutions to improve myself. Thank you, Mr H and all your crews ...!

Bon Vogaye, B777-200!!


Oh ya, last Wednesday, that was 2 days ago, I went for the Engine Ground Run (EGR) for this B777-200. As my first experience with B777's EGR, I was fascinated with the GE 90 Engine. Already tipped as the world's largest engine with 325cm fan diameter, the GE 90 also holds the record for most powerful engine with thrust rating at 127 900 lbs. Wow, isn't it wonderful?

The GE 90 Engine


By the way, beginning on Monday, I will return to college, studying in the morning shift from 715am to 1415 hours. shorter hours of study, really looks alike with high-school life now. The other shift, 1415 hours - 2115 hours will be occupied by the juniors group for at least 3months before we change shift with them. Obviously, I would prefer morning shift; I have never experienced evening classes before, hope that my circadian rhythms will not cause me a jet-lag and thus feeling sleepy in class later. Hehe :)

Well, that's it ... My first OJT period will be an unforgettable experience particularly the hands-on experience on aircraft. I am looking forward to be back at the hangar again in future for more challenges more experience and of cause more fun ...!


All the best,
cHeErS!
kEiThK :)



No comments: