My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Galley/LAV Workshop

Currently, I have been allocated at Galley/Lavotary Workshop, situated in between Hangar 2 and Hangar 3. Working at this place is considered both physically and mentally challenging wit great demand of skills and passion. Firstly, this workshop is quite hazardous, with particles of dust and poisonous fumes due to cleaning chemicals, for example MEK and Tolune are thick in the air. Furthermore, air ventilation is the working area is undesirable, so wearing a mouth cover respirator during working definitely adds another challenge. Then, I really have my BM language tested by communicating with Indonesian exparthreads here. Wow, their BM's slang is ... Fantastic! =.="

Well, Galley/Lavotary Workshop is responsible for all the repair and maintenance on aircraft's galley (kitchen) and Lavotary (washroom). At the moment, this workshop is fully occupied by working on ourself MH aircraft and a Saudi Arabian's, both are of the jumbo B747. As the present workshop is over-congested with all the components, a temporary workshop has been set up beside Mechanical Workshop to speed up the production. Up to now, I have carried out several simple tasks to collect my work schedules, just to name a few; testing the galley's upper head working lights, installing the galley cart stoppers, assembling the galley module components, etc ... Time flies here, obviously as we have alot of tasks to do; sneaking underneath the galley module to tighten the screws, climbing high above to assemble wiring connections. By the time, you have completed the task, you will be dripping in sweat. After all, this is what we called, "Sweat-Back Knowledge", worth it, worth it!!


Oh ya, this is very interesting.
I have learned how to open the Lavotary door from OUTSIDE!
Haha :)
Wow, this is fun, right?

1 comment:

kj said...

Note to myself: do not use the lavotary if Keith is in the plane!!!! Just joking... I trust you wouldn't do something like that... Wait a minute, if Keith is in the plane, I am assured that I will never get locked inside the lavotary (provided he can hear my cries)!!! Anyway, have a good rest and holiday tomorrow before more OJTs... Till then, bye.