My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Review: CNY 2009

Corner Talk: Module 5 Digital Technique and Computer Systems ended yesterday. It was a rather challenging questions, most of us had already found minimum of 3 mistakes in the 40 questions papers. Even the top student in class, a friend of mine, spent the whole duration of 50 minutes inside the examination hall. It was so rare that he sat inside the hall, cracking his brain, otherwise, he will just submit his paper and walk out of the room in ONLY 10 minutes! Imagine that! 10 minutes!! As for me, I am not quite pleased with my performance; I shouldn't have make some of the silly mistakes in the exam; particularly being over-confident and careless. Instead, I should have read the questions in more detail before making the correct choice. Sigh. Ironically, questions that I was unable to answer at the first place, I managed to get it correctly after checking with my friends! Costly!! Anyway, I hope I will be able to make it for Module 5 Exam. < KeithK crosses his fingers and pray hard! >

__________________________________________________________


2 weeks ago, we were all anticipating for Chinese New Year break, but, in the split of eyes, we will be celebrating " Chap Goh Mei ", the 15th day of Chinese New Year, which also means, the end of the festive season. Here's quick review of the thick and thin of my CNY 2009 celebration ...


This is my master-piece. Nice arrangements, yeah?
All these here are the symbolic Chinese New Year items.
The mandarin-orange @ "lo-kam", which means prosperity.
Kuih Bakul @ "nian kao" symbolizes sweet and happy year to come.
White lettuce @ "Chai Tao" carries the
meaning of excellent achievements every year.
Pamelo indicates fullness.
Pumpkin is also another symbol for prosperity and wealth.
Haha :)


Visited my grandmother @ " Ah Ma " early
in the morning of 1st day CNY.
She is very old now, not sure of her age,
she is 90-something years old by now.
She is staying with my uncle,
while my mum will take care of her diet every day
as my uncle is running business in the morning.
"Sing Chia Ju Yee, Ah Ma!", this is the
Teochew version of
wishing my grandmother a Happy Chinese New Year ...


My mum's steamed fish was voted the best dish this year ...
Red tilapia fish with 7 ingredients
(garlic, red onions, gingers, mushrooms,
preserved salted vegetables, carrots and light soy sauce)
Look, the fish looks steamy!
Lolz :)


10 feets firecrackers!
My dad bought from my uncle.
Don't know why, while the
world is having economic slump and downturn,
firecrackers can still be found so commonly around Kuching town.
They are even sold openly to the public!
Ewin was telling me to bring him some from home.
Oh my ...!
Just to share with you all,
when I was just to lit the firecrackers that night,
a police Waja car came patrolling around my house.
Too shocked, and before I pissed in my pant,
I ran into my house after taking down the
10 feets firecrackers that I hung on a bamboo pole.
That's fun! Damn high wei ...


However, the presence of police didn't deter me
from playing firecrackers.
Red pieces on the floor in the car porch
after the police car left.
Lolz :)


Chinese New Year is the time when the unmarried young like me
will receive the red packets with money @ "Ang Pao"
from those who have married.
Yeah! As I mentioned earlier, due to effects of economic slump,
the amounts of "Ang Pao" that I got had decreased significantly.
So, how much have you got?


Kuching was heavily rained cats and dogs
for the few days during CNY.
Some lower areas in Kuching and Sibu
were heavily flooded due to rising water of Sungai Rajang.
Heavy downpour had also limited
the numbers of houses that I had visited.
To those my friends who I couldn't make it to your place,
my apology to you all.
Haha :)


Well, that's all from me,
got to go ...

Gracious,
KeithK :)

4 comments:

kj said...

Hey Keith,

Happy New Year! or maybe Happy Chap Goh Meh!

CNY eve is never complete without fire crackers, I guess. But that's the joys of it- enjoying those colourful sights and sounds until the wee hours in the morning, making the driveway filled with those red colour wrappers after hours spent cleaning it till it is sparkling clean (much to my Mum's dismay!) and smelling those smoke and gunpowder smell...

"a police Waja car came patrolling around my house..." That is why my neighbourhood usually put theirs up around 11:45pm cos if one gets caught, we all sama-sama kena tangkap.

Amount of Angpao money- that I can't comment. The older I get, the lesser the amount. Hahaha.

on your Shine On St. Thomas post, who can ever forget Ms Chong's trademark. I will always remember all those earful we got from her back then if rules were not executed properly.. But we did learn a lot of stuff through it. And under her, we can boast an amazing prefectorial board, impeccable discipline and one of the best in Kuching, if not Malaysia, as what she used to tell us. I guess Ms Chong has left her mark on all of us who have been under her. Anyways, send my regards to her if you see her again.

Best wishes to you too.

Anonymous said...

There are no top trainees in a batch as you all will established together and working on the same thing. No more like those schooling days, smart doesn't mean able to work on the floor. Hands on are the most important.

kEiTh said...

KJ: Hey KJ, it has been sometimes since I last heard from you. Happy Chap Goh Mei to you as well. Keep in touch always, cheers!

Anonymous: Thanks for your advice. This will be a lesson for me, don't rush to pick the answer. Think carefully and read the question properly. Yup, will keep them in mind. Thanks once again! Cheers!

Tzy Wen said...

rain in kuching was really a let down. cant go so many places