My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Monday, February 16, 2009

Outing with Doulos' friends

Corner Talk: Module 13.8 Instrument has started since last two weeks. I am enjoying the class very much with my instructor, Mr Edward. This module is challenging as compares to the previous modules that I have done, especially, more critical and logical thinking are needed to handle this subject. Indeed, understanding this subject is critical, as it will form the core and foundation for my licensing, particularly in Instrument. To do so, we need to co-relate all the knowledge that we have learned, not even, a piece of simple basic principle should be taken for granted. Good news, DCA is coming to college tomorrow for auditing for our approval application. Upon successful, it will be a breakthrough for our college in our career development in future. All the best to all of us!

__________________________________________________________


During last year semester break, back in December 2008, Chung Ann and I brought a group of friends from Doulos Ship for a day-trip around the City of Cat, Kuching. It was coincidentally a public holiday that day, so they were off duty on-board. They were volunteers working in the ship. For your information, Doulos Ship has been operating for the last miracle 95 years since 1914. The Doulos is the world's oldest active ocean-fairing passenger ship, which is now used as a floating bookshop. Woah ... It is every single child's wonderland bookshop, remember when you were young when you nagged your parent to tag you along to the Doulos? Well, Doulos' day may come to an end now, as, she will call it a day after this year (2009). Last year (2008) will be her last visit to Malaysia. Oh well, the end of another chapter of Doulos!


Our trip began with a breakfast session my fellow friends at a local Chinese kopitiam. Even though, I have just newly met them on that particular day, I felt no stranger at all. They were all very friendly and warm, I really enjoying sharing and listening to their tales and experiences traveling around the world. It is not easy though, they left everything behind at their homeland, their family, careers and friends, just to join the voluntary works in Doulos. I wander will I have the courage to do so? Yet, their period of service isn't short, some may take your time up to years! I admire your courage, my fellow Doulos-ians!


Our first stop was here ...


Semenggok Orang Utan Wildlife Centre
Signboard at the entrance!
About 30 minutes drive from the city of Kuching,
this place is easily accessible with cars.
However, the road leading to the entrance
is rather narrow; one car at a time.
Guess what car were we using that time?
Toyata Avanza!
Lolz :)


It was packed with visitors, mostly were tourists.
It was quite ashamed of me,
as for a local boy like me,
this has to be my first time visit here.
Oh my!
You called yourself a Kuching boy?


Delima, the Orang Utan ...
If you have read newspaper last week,
Delima, a female Orang Utan has just
recently gave birth to a baby Orang Utan.
It was reported in The Stars,
have you noticed?
Known for their intelligence,
they live in trees and,
they are the largest living
arboreal animal.
Fruits make up of 65%
of Orang Utan's diet.
By the time, we were there,
it was their feeding time by
the wildlife workers, so, we could
see a lots of Orang Utan swinging
form trees to trees.


Torn-up leaf,
poor thing!
This must be the job of a caterpillar!


Wild Purple Orchid,
beautiful flower...
Somehow, this picture looks so serene
and relaxing to me, don't you think so?
Haha :)


More photos,
if only time permits ...
Plenty of pending posts,
To Tzywen, sorry,
I will cover my A330's jump seat
experience soon ...
Meanwhile, enjoy yourself
with Orang Utan first ...


Smile,
KeithK (",)


No comments: