My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Friday, January 2, 2009

After Three

Corner Talk: It's Friday, tomorrow will be my cousin's wedding. Special congratulations to Seng Chew and Chien Ee. May you live happily ever after. Few more days again before I return to Subang to continue my duty as a trainee, doing the same old thing - attend classes and doing assignments, again! Chinese New Year is just around the corner, but everything seems to be quiet and dull this year, unlike previously where CNY Songs can be heard everywhere, bing and bang here and there. Economy downturn and high inflation rates could have forced the festive season to be celebrated moderately by the Chinese ...

_______________________________________________________


Went out with my former schoolmates few days ago for a yam cha session at After Three Cafe in Jalan Padungan, Kuching. Located near to Padungan Fire Station and beside to RHB Bank, After Three Cafe is a place where all young used to hang out at night, except for one casualty, there are lack of parking spaces around this area. All in all, it has not much different with other yam cha outlets in KL, such as Station One and Gasoline. The food and drinks they serve, to their interior design; they are quite similar. Pricings are still reasonable and affordable to all. Lolz :)


After Three's Specialty
~ Fish Head Been Hoon ~
Not sure how it tastes,
didn't try it since I just had
my dinner with family outside
before I joined my friends
for the yam cha session ...


Silky Pink
We had a memorable time before,
it was all history now.
I'm glad she is happy with what she has now ...


Tiffany,
future nurse for the country.
She is kind and passionate
to help those who are in needy.
She is tough and calm when
it comes to handling her patients.
" Tiff, thumbs up! "
:)


I ordered a cup of Green Tea,
ironically, it doesn't taste
like green tea. but more towards to Wheat Grass!
More surprising, After Three added special
ingredient for me - a piece of hair!!!
Alamak ...
wtf ...
Have a sip of it,
then, left it as that
until I walked out of the cafe ...


Group photo before we dismissed ...


It is so rare we have some gathering together,
most of us were not back for year's end break,
they are still many who couldn't attend to
this gathering.
The only major gathering will be during CNY
when all of us will meet at our teacher's
house, Ms Chong ...
I still unsure whether I will be able
to make it this year since,
my college's break for CNY is just
merely 3 days.
So ko lian ho?
That's the commitment that I need to make!
I am aware of that ...
Haha :)


Until again,
KeithK :)

2 comments:

kj said...

I read your corner talk. *sigh*. Yeah, I foresee a more quiet CNY this time around. It's like there's no CNY mood yet despite it being 3 weeks away. School's reopening soon. One round of money spent buying uniforms, shoes... (those necessities our parents used to buy for us back then), coupled by the warning by International Monetary Fund (IMF) that 2009 could well be characterized by the Second Great Depression. Ouch. Furthermore, the imminent closure of Western Digital Corporation (WDC), with 1,500 workers to be laid off between now and March, so you can imagine the impact on a large number of people affected by it. So the crude oil price is hovering around US$40 per barrel, our next petrol price review is due but do we see prices of other food items like chicken going down? So a less lavish CNY awaits us. Quiet? Not when the clock strikes 12, marking the 1st day of the year of the Ox!
Anyway, 2009, the year of longevity (9) beckons. God has been and is teaching us to go through the usual day-to-day struggles without loosing faith. Here's to a joyous 2009. Amen!

kEiTh said...

Hi KJ,

Yup, you're right. With current economy downturn is yet to becoming worse, everyone is saving the best for the future. Even the New Year's eve of 2009 was quite a quiet one; less people were going out for partying and counting-down, less fireworks were blasting in the sky. That's an early indication of economy's downturn that affects majority of us. My mum has been complaining prices of goods are hiking to the ceiling; I even suggest to my mum to shop less for food for the CNY to come, things like tidbits, soft drinks and vegetables. Just spend wisely on necessity otherwise, just save it for the future before the raining days. Haha :) Wish you a happy new year 2009. Let's this year be a remarkable one with great achievements for both of us. ChEeRs :)