My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home

MAS B737-400 was on the way taxiing out for take-off




B737-400 Cockpit view



Time flies. It has came to another weekend. Two weeks working in Line 6 with B737-400 had been a series of ups and downs. All the major maintenance on this aircraft were almost completed, except a little touch up at here and there, ranging from interior to exterior maintenance. Overall, I was quite satisfied with the outcome of this OJT, especially I got the chances to participate in some of the Avionics maintenance tasks. Just to name a few tasks I have done; installing all the PSUs, carry out adjustment / test on Pitot-Statics System, installing the floor Proximity Emergency Exit Light and the list goes on. Haha J Not to mentioned also, I was ‘sounded’ by an LAE when performing one of these tasks. Not to consider as ‘sound’ but it was more to a wake-up warning call. ** Tring! Tring! ** What he said to me was true and 100% correct. I need to buck up and pull up my socks if I want to establish myself as an successful LAE, otherwise I will only stay inside my shadow. Very much thanks to Mr Hamdan, you have taught me alots! Mr Hamdan is an expert Instrument LAE. He is excellent in doing trouble-shooting of aircraft’s systems. He teaches me by asking questions, encouraging me to use my brain and apply the theories that I have learned in class. Honestly, that is what I have lacked of, ability to think critically and make judgment in trouble-shooting because most of the time we have been spoon-feed. I must improve in this area as soon as possible, that’s my promise to myself.

After weeks of practical in hangar, finally it comes to college’s course break. This is what everyone of us has been anticipating. Holiday = Fun, Free and Fantastic. Myself, as usual, I will fly across South China Sea back to my hometown, the City of Cat. Home Sweet Home! Since now is a holiday season, I would say flights must be damn congested, more over with the launch of ‘Everyday Lowest Fares’ by MAS, most of people is not giving up the chances to fly around the globe to spend their holiday with beloved family members and friends. Hmmm, as I am using staff-load ticket which is on stand-by basis, it is not a good indication that I could get my flight back to KCH. There is exception however. Applying for ‘jump seat’ has been part of my plan in case I could not get any flight back. I had experience staying overnight in KLIA before when I couldn’t get the flight twice; one during last year Hari Raya and the other was during last year Christmas. Well, staying overnight in KLIA wasn’t that bad experience (what else, KLIA is a recognized world class airport with world class facilities, remember the story THE TERMINAL?) Hehe. Only thing is the frustration of waiting for flight is just killing time and it gives me a pain in my ass.

Have you ever seen the night view of KCH city? How about with a bird-eye view from 10 000 feets? Cool isn’t it? The best place to see the night view of KCH city has to be … (where is the tallest building in KCH … ?) Where? “Inside the cockpit,” Keith answered. Haha. ‘JUMP Seat’ is actually where you get to sit with the pilots inside the cockpit. I have been using Jump Seat several times, but it was my first Jump Seat in the B737-400.

Most of the times, I traveled with A330 for Jump Seat. The pilots were young, and friendly, we chatted along the flight hours. Personally, I enjoy the scenery when the aircraft comes in for landing in runway. Feeling of excitements and happiness rush through my bloods especially after seeing all the colourful lights in the city’s buildings and houses. Never did I thought, KCH is such a beautiful place. People say New York is the City of Light but I would vote KCH as SEA City of Lights!
Partly also because, I will rejoin with my family soon. I miss them very much … “Mum and Dad, I’m home” One week of holiday in KCH, I have not planned for any activity yet. First and foremost, I would to treat myself with bowls of kolo mee and tea c peng! Been sometimes since I had those food inside my mouth. Haha :)



Wish all Happy Gawai Nyamai
and Happy Holiday


With love always,
KeithK

No comments: