My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Friday, September 18, 2009

Sitting in Galley with Cabin Crews

Hari Raya's break in college officially starts today, with most of my colleagues are heading their hometown to celebrate this eventful celebration with friends and family. Same goes to me, and as usual, I am hoping into aircraft with Jump Seat again ... Surprisingly, thing comes out unexpectedly this time with many sweet and sour spices added in it, Why, you will know later?


See my ticket? It is of a special kind,
without seat number for flight MH 2564,
from KUL-KCH. It is printed with JMP for Jump Seat.
Boarding time is 0935 hours,
and flight will take off at 1005 hours.
I recalled,
it was a B737-400 aircraft with a registration of 9M-MMI

To get this boarding pass will lay down
another series of story. I had earlier on
missed out 3 flights before I could get this seat.
First, there were already 2 person who booked for
the jump seat for MH 2532 (2050 hours on Wednesday's night)
Then, I was denied the jump seat application for MH 2534
(2200 hours on Wednesday's night), because
of the faulty crew oxygen system in the cockpit.
I ended up slept for overnight in KLIA,
believe me, KLIA is super chilling as cold as Arctics
at night ...
The next morning, I tried again for flight MH 2504 Jump Seat,
unfortunately, these jump seats were booked earlier
by two flight crews who wanted to fly back to KCH as well.
The Captain for MH 2504, Cpt Abbas was kind enough
to assist me by giving a call to Cpt Morhamidi,
who will be piloting flight MH 2564,
otherwise, I think I would be stranded
in KLIA again ...

Initially, I thought it will be just a typical
jump seat in the cockpit, oh well, yeah :)
However, I was then placed to sit in here ...

Where?

Here ...
Inside the galley on the flight crews' seats!


A view into the cabin from the galley
The galley is similar to kitchen in household terminology,
where the steward and stewardess will prepare your meal
on board; hot-plate meal, drinks, etc ...
I was more than excited and surprised,
another new chapter of experience to be recorded into
The Journals ...
The reason why I was placed to sit into galley
crews' seat was because there was a new cadet pilot
inside the cockpit who was at the time concerned,
having his assessment session with Cpt Morhamidi,
for that, I was disallowed entrance to cockpit.
Lolz :)


Inside the galley, I had an overview on
how the cabin crews work to prepare our meal.
They are far more efficient and professional
considering the time pressure they have to endure,
needless to say,
they have to sweat under difficult environment;
the rocky and bumpy flight, and the congested limiting gally area.
Get to know new friends,
steward Mr Saravanan and Mr Aidil.
They were so generous in feeding me with food, food and food ...
I had 2 meals instead of one,
one nasi lemak and one French Cheese Omelet
from Business Class's meal,
free-flow of drinks/juice ...
Haha :)


These were gifts from Miss Stewardess, S u s a n i e;
a very sweet lady who has friendly and warmest smile
that you can get from every Malaysia Airlines' cabin crew.
One word to describe - MH ... Malaysian Hospitality!
Their slogan - We treat everyone on board as guest!
Thank you, Miss Susan.
You are just so lovely!

Before I left the aircraft after landing,
I managed to cam-whore and capture some photos
with my new friends,
and, due to low quality of pictures with my hand phone,
I decided not to put them up here ...
Lolz :)

Special "thank you" and compliments to:
Cpt Abbas from MH 2504
Cpt Morhanmidi from MH 2564
Mr Aidil @ Hensem
Mr Saravanan @ Sara
Miss Susanie @ Sue

You all made my day!

Always,
KeithK :)

3 comments:

~MiSeLoCiN~ said...

so i'm waiting for my next flight on MAS, u gonna prepare my food? :)

keithk said...

Hi Nickki,
Haha ... Sure, it is my pleasure for you, sweetie!

Unknown said...

I'm gonna try that someday...