My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kek Lapis Sarawak

Corner Talk: Early in the morning, I went for renewing of my travel passport in the Immigration Office. Didn't know that they require photocopy of IC and two Passport-sized colour photos as parts of the requirement. Ended up photocopying my IC for a bloody 40 cent for a piece of white paper, RM10 for 4 pieces of lousy photos, causing my face to become so pale because of the direct flash they used, bought a blue color ball pen for Rm1.40. Damn!! What the heck!! These people just have their ways of monopolizing all the desperate people like me to blood-suck our money ... T.T Lesson to learn: Get ready all your papers before doing any submission, or else, the officers over there will screw you up with no mercy. Queue was long, had to endure the patience to wait for over 30 people before reaching my turn. So co-incidentally, I bumped into a person who I have not met seen for long time. Have a good time chatting with Silky Pink, catching up with each other, kept each other accompanying till my turn. Thanks girl :)

____________________________________________________


My colleagues from West Malaysia are so excited every time they know I am heading back home town, not because they are happy on behalf of me that I am going home, but, they are more concerned about the long-saught after Kek Lapis Sarawak. Till now, I can't figure out what is so delicious about this delicacies. For our locals, Kek Lapis is just a normal "kek" with arrays of colours stripes ... Taste wise, yummy yummy except some people prefer it to be sweeter. Eeeh ;)

Fruit Cake
Raisin, Cheery and Arabian Dates
are added into the Cake;
My mum is very expert in baking this cake,
her secret is to add three quarters of
Black Label Johnie Walker into it ...
Awesome ;)

Ceramel and Chocolate Kek Lapis
Typical color of this kind
Rating: 8/10


Pandan and Peanuts Buter Kek Lapis
Raitng: 7/10
Would prefer the first one
Lolz :)


Anyone wanna have Kek Lapis Sarawak?
Make sure you give me an early booking before
I fly back to KCH,
otherwise, no guarantee you will get it ...
It is kinda rare to find high quality
and delicious Kek Lapis during the norm day;
the peak season will be of course, during
the Hari Raya celebration!

Selamat Hari Raya Haji to all my Muslim's friends

Cheers,
KeithK :)

No comments: