My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jump Seat to Business Class

Weekend at home was quick to pass by, and today, it's Sunday; I am flying back to KL again. Dad was working 6am shift this morning, so he had earlier checked in for me. As per normal, and, it has already been expected, seats in cabin are full and congested, so, Dad decided to apply jump seat for me. So, here you go, I got it ... Haha. Flight MH 2507, an Airbus 330 with registration 9M-MKC, here I come. Since my house is just a stone's throw away from the airport, I can simply reached the airport at the departure hall within 10minutes. Scheduled flight to take off at 11am, I will be reaching the airport only at about 1030am. Lolz :)


Airbus 330-200,
Flight MH 2507 (9M-MKC),
took off from Kuching Int' Airport at 1100 hours to KLIA

As I entered the departure hall, I saw plenty of security staff with the walkies-talkie buzzing on their hands. The chief from Passenger Service Unit was seen working around. I thought it was nothing special except for short of man power. To my surprise, as I boarded into the aircraft, I saw the Managing Director of Malaysia Airlines, Dato Idris Jala and his spouse were on-board on the aircraft. Wooaahhh ... What a day! I greeted them with a gentle hand-shake and broad smile on my face, " Its my pleasure to meet you, Sir " Haha ... :)

Dato Idris Jala,
the man who runs the show behind MAS success
in times of global economy crisis

What happened next was a total new surprise. Supposedly my seat will be inside the cockpit with the pilots, but then, I was lucky though, as there was another Flight Officer inside the cockpit, making up a total of 3 pilots on board, the Captain decided to relocate me to a cabin seat. Wooaahhh ... What a day! The leading Steward, Mr Hilmi told me to proceed to seat 7K. Oh well, at least cabin seat is much more comfortable than narrow space, jump seat. I said, " Why not?" I searched around the cabin for 7K till the second compartment of the Economy Class, yet, I couldn't find. There is only a 7K seat in the Business Class, I thought, but that couldn't be the case. Puzzling, I approached a steward ... He checked through the list of passenger and answered me, " Right Sir, this is your seat, 7K ... It is okey if you prefer to sit beside window? " Shocked and taken aback, I nodded in agreement. No problem. This is more than relocation of seat, it is an upgrade from Jump Seat to Business Class seat now!. Haha :) First time seating in business class was great, a whole new experience. Large leg compartment area, bigger seat to hold your bump, soft and comfortable cushion, it was indeed a heaven in sky!! Now, I understand why there are so many people who are willing to pay extra $$$ to fly MAS, especially for long-haul flight. MAS won the Best Cabin Award for something!! Lolz :) Great ...

Food was great in Business Class. Bigger portion. High class meal. High class service. There are always ever ready cabin crews to attend to your needs. " You want any juices, Sir? Hot drinks? Bun or Garlic Breads? Anything more, Sir? Enough? Are you sure you don't need anything? You are treated as if you are a KING! Oh my ... I have never experienced such a professional and warmth service on-board. Truly Malaysian Hospitality!! Kudos to MAS Cabin Crews ... Of course, a special gratitude and acknowledgment to the Cabin Crews of Flight MH 2507, the In-flight Supervisor (IFS), Miss Joyce Tan, Leading Steward, Mr Hilmi, and Stewardess, Miss Shay. You all have made my day shiny and bright!


Peppermint Cake with Mango Pudding ...
The dessert in Business Class,
Looks yummy, isn't it?
Thumb up, definitely!!


This will be another series of new experience
and good memories when traveling between my
sector, KUL-KCH-KUL
A new collection has been entered in The Journal ...
Tomorrow, back to resume duty in college,
Module 4 Cat B2 and Module 5 Cat B2
are coming up ...

More inspiration,
with blessing,
KeithK :)

3 comments:

damniel said...

so cool
i onli managed to shake his hand during practical haha.

wandkey said...

Wow. That must have been quite a flight.
And then you got upgraded to business class, wow.

Tzy Wen said...

wow you're so lucky man! :D