My Aims ...

To establish as an successful LAE by 2011
Visit Old Trafford to watch ManUtd's game
Learn Piano

Friday, September 9, 2011

Hello

Greeting! How are you, dear Journals? It has been a long time since I last visited you. Days by days, months by months, many have changed tremendously; not to mention new thing I have gotten, but something I have lost as well ... It is September now, 2011, exactly 5 years of training in the field of aviation. Recall the headline "My Aims" in The Journals? My first target is to " ... Establish as a successful LAE by 2011 ... " Timeline is nearing soon, without realizing. I still harbor and uphold my perseverance and strong will power to achieve my dream, most probably early next year. Guys, do keep me in your prayer. Remind me of my targets and dreams if I ever slack off sometimes!


9M-MMK was the last aircraft I did in Subang before I am officially transferred to Aircraft Maintenance Unit (AMU) in KLIA by this coming October. The difference between Subang, Aircraft Overhaul Department (AOD) with AMU is, in Subang, we do heavy maintenance with complete overhaul while in KLIA, we do lighter check package, more on to defect rectification. In AMU, it is shorter turn-around time, shorter aircraft downtime - everything is very timely-controlled. Dad called me yesterday, telling how "beautiful" MMK is; internally "healthy" and externally "pleasing"! Shortly after taking-off from Subang, MMK goes into the sky with first revenue flight to Kuching, my hometown. So, what did I do for this aircraft that I can remember deeply? Hmmm, I crawled into the main tank for Fuel Compensator Unit replacement, most of the inspection and rectification of defects in APU were covered by myself with my colleagues, trouble-shooting of the Fuel Quantity Indicator internal lighting with Abg TShah, trouble-shooting of Inertial reference System with Abg Farid, etc. It was an awesome experience working in Line 6, with helpful LAEs, Technician and Junior Technicians. Definitely I will miss Subang after this ...


Grandma celebrated her 95th birthday on the 20th of August, a week earlier of her actual birthday. Few days later, on the 25the August, 1130pm at night, she passed away peacefully of aging. According to my Uncle, Grandma didnt suffer much during her last hour; she was complaining of backache in the morning, by the afternoon, she had a fever, and then by 1130pm, she breathed her last breath. Rest in peace, Grandma. You'll be dearly missed from us! Your words, your love, your "cuteness" and your spirit will be with us deep in our heart ...


This has to be one of the greatest match of all time between Manchester United vs Arsenal. In front of eighty thousand of spectators, the Red Devils ran riot thrashing The Gunner by 8 goals to 2. Rooney hit hat-trick, Ashley Young hit a brace; very entertaining, full of excitement; I really enjoyed the game. Haha ... Who wouldn't be shocked to see such a scoreline? It is Arsenal man, you are playing with. Haha :)


See, yes, it is for real! The sacred RED BOOK is finally here after much of tussle and hassle. This is my Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License issued by The Department of Civil Aviation of Malaysia (DCA). I am qualified for Category B2 (Avionics). The Red Book was issued to us on the 17th of August, phew, such a relief after waiting for close to a year for me. My License Number is E 3728. Nice number huh? Hit 20 points! So, I am the 3728th people in Malaysia who hold this Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License. I am proud, I shall live up to its legacy. This will be a stepping stone for me to apply for my B737-400 Company Approval in MAS in future. At the moment, I cant certify for MAS aircraft yet until I have gotten the Company Approval issued by MAS Quality Assurance Department. It is time to brush up my skill and knowledge now. After my Departmental Visit in October, things will get serious! Time is catching up; I know a lot of people around are looking on me, especially my Dad and Virtualmystic ...


Moon Cake Festival is coming - on the 12th of September, it is the 15th day of Eighth month in Lunar Calendar. My Uncle gave me this Tiramisu Moon Cake from Starbucks; first of this kind I have seen. Haha ... Yummy :)


My Mom gave me two hard boiled eggs for my birthday, according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar. My actual birthday falls on the 24th September. Hey, mark in down into your calendar. Remember to send me a present ya? Haha :)


See you soon, guys!
With love,
KeithK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats man! WOW! LAE! very cool!!!